Choosing the Right Convertible Car Seat for Your Child
A car seat is one of the most important investments you can make for your child’s safety. It is vital that a child, of any age, is secure and safe in a moving vehicle. Infants and children, who are of the right age and size for a car seat, should be properly positioned and strapped into a car seat that is the right fit for the child. Choosing the right fit can be a matter of life and death in the event of a car accident.
Convertible car seats are a popular pick among new parents because the same car seat can be used over the period of a couple of years, as the seat can be adapted to meet the size changes of the child as he grows. Choosing a convertible car seat is also a more economical choice for many families because it eliminates the need to buy more than one car seat. Finding the right car seat for your budget and needs can be overwhelming, but you will want to do some research before you buy, as you will be keeping the seat for a number of years.
Here are some suggested “picks”:
Diono Radian RXT
This convertible car seat has top ratings and is top quality all around. Here are some are safety and quality features that are more superior than other seats on the market:
• Adjustable support system for the head that has 12 different positioning options along with sides that expand, support cushions for the infant’s body as well as a longer bottom to the seat which gives the child more comfort as well as more support for the legs.
• The seat can be used as a rear facing seat until your infant reaches 45 lbs. and then as a full forward facing seat until the child reaches 80 lbs. Beyond that it can be used as a booster seat until the child is either 57’’ or 120 pounds.
• Frame construction is made of steel alloy and is padded with EPS foam that absorbs energy so that your child will be protected from injury in the event of a crash.
• Additional padding is made of memory foam that will conform to the shape of the child’s body.
• You can choose from 8 colors for this seat and it is backed by a warranty for 1 year.
Britax Marathon 70-G3 Convertible Car Seat
This convertible seat also has near perfect ratings for safety and is suitable for children up to 70lbs. Some features that make this seat a “top pick” includes:
• Safecell, a technology that lowers the center of gravity and allows the seat to stay put rather than lunging forward, is utilized in the base of the seat.
• It also utilizes steel bars in the construction to give the seat the most structural integrity possible that works in conjunction with the Safecell technology to reduce any flexing forward that can occur upon impact.
• Harness system is 5 points that never tangle while providing cushion for the child. Forward movement is again impeded here with the technology in the harness system.
• The side walls are deep and padded with EPP foam that is energy absorbing so that in the event of a crash, the force is evenly distributed.
• This model comes in your choice of 5 colors.
Make A Safe Child Your #1 Priority
Your child is your most precious and vulnerable passenger on board. While the cost of a child seat may be costly, think of it as an investment for your child’s life and safety.